Pages

Thursday 6 September 2012

Back to the Future

Well here goes my first effort at blogging, sit in your comfy chairs kick back and relax.

I am going to blog about anything and everything of note from my very eventful funny, sad and mad life, growing up on a housing estate called Blackbird Leys and having very much of a Stand by Me (the film) type of childhood, with my band of wonderful but weird friends.  We all had nicknames and blimey they were ridiculous.   

My home life was where i had to become a grown up and very different hard boy/man, this was down to having a truly hard, strict, and being honest, a father i had no respect for because of things he had done (later blog). I went through my teens, starting drinking, going clubbing finding gambling and being part of a couple of fab decades 80's and 90's, through and past 2 failed marriages (escapes and lucky) i call them, lol all the way upto meeting my wife, the gorgeous Karen and us having two fantastic children together Olly 2 and Issy 1, Harry 10 from my first marriage, and a stepson Samuel who is 9 and has a disability called 22q11 deletion syndrome.  Then there is me just being diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the hip, who we have nicknamed Arthur (original i know) and its bloody painful.

I should add that I am also a Hartlepool fan and have been all my life.  I lived in Oxford in my younger years, but still managed as a young adult to travel to a fair few games.  My passion for the Pools remains and now I'm always trying to buy the shirts off the players backs lol, and have suceeded with a few!  Currently I am the sponsor of my favourite players shirt, Ritchie Humphreys.

So, this is just a brief start and explanation of what to expect.  I am just going to cover my life, my world, the world of mayhem. So please come back and have a giggle, a cry and some apple pie.  Well think that will do for yawn boring myself hold it together Gary start, and see you all soon.

1 comment: